Thursday 6 December 2012

A week in Londontown!

A hop, a skip and a couple of weeks ago I went to London! Now, anyone I've ever heard talk about London has either loved it or hated it. So, I went in having no expectations... and I have to say that I'm definitely in the 'loved it' camp!

My first hours were spent looking around the nearby Westfield shopping centre while I was waiting to check-in into my hostel. I wandered into a supermarket looking for shampoo, and found this instead...

Mmmm soup... and advent calendars for cats? Seriously?!


I spent hours walking on Oxford St and checking out Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus, as well as Carnaby St, which you can tell is, well... maybe used to be, really hip. If you're ever in the area, make sure to visit Selfridges and Harrods and pop into the pandemonium that is Primark. It's a massive store that sells every clothing item under the sun at cheap prices. Just go to watch people stampede though the store, leaving a trail of clothing in their wake. Craziness!

I got that WOW moment when I was walking up the stairs from the tube station and looked up to suddenly see the Big Ben... just right there! It was so wonderful to see in person. I then looked to my left to see the London Eye fill the skyline. And just around the corner was Westminster Abbey. Tip: be sure to go as it gets dark. London is an amazing city to see at night.

I posed with a lion in Trafalgar Square, sipped on a peppermint hot chocolate while crossing the Tower Bridge and bumped into Taylor Swift. Give a polite miss to the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace and the Globe Theatre, you won't be sorry.

Get a chocolate brownie or red velvet cupcake from the Hummingbird bakery, grab a pint and some pie and mash. And wake up early enough to grab an English breakfast. I was there a week and felt like I'd done loads and at the same time, not enough. I'm definitely going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...