Monday 27 August 2012

It's visa time: A quick visit to the French consulate in Sydney!

In order to get my visa to live and work in France, I had to fly to Sydney from Melbourne. My first port of call was my visa appointment at the French consulate. On my way to the appointment, I took a little detour (I really just got lost) and I happened across the Homecoming parade for the Australian Olympians who had just come back from London. It was pretty cool to see them up close, considering I had been glued to the TV for 2 weeks.

The visa appointment went really smoothly, the only problem being that I could not figure out how to use their weird fingerprint gadget. I tried several different ways of placing my fingers until I finally figured it out. Who knew you had to do that weird Spock hand salute to make the gadget work?!

Once that was out of the way, I was able to just relax in the Sydney sunshine. I walked to an area known as "The Rocks" which is the oldest part of Sydney. I also visited Circular Quay where I was able to see the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. It was nice, though I think it's most beautiful at night, on New Year's Eve, when fireworks are shooting off it.

iPhone camera + sun + shadows = One-eyed me in front of the Sydney Opera House

Apart from sightseeing I was able to just relax in my hotel room and watch random TV shows which included a really interesting Titanic documentary. Yes, I'm a nerd! All in all it was a great trip, though it was nice to get back to Melbourne. I am so lucky to call Melbourne home...well at least for the next 3 weeks anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...