Thursday 24 May 2012

Accepted to the Teaching Assistant Program in France (TAPIF)!

Since sending in my application to the French Embassy in December last year, I've been patiently (maybe not...) waiting to hear if I've been accepted to the program. And last night I FINALLY did!

I spent the first part of the week obsessively checking my emails and studying hard for my last exams before I graduate. I was studying late Wednesday night and had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn’t going to get an email until June...

...BUT, at around 2.20am Wednesday night/technically Thursday morning I check my email as I drift off to sleep and see that there’s an email in my inbox. Thinking nothing of it I open it and see it’s from a strange email address and read the little preview underneath:
“Dear Assistant, You have been selected by the French Embassy in Australia and the CIEP in France…”
My heart started racing a million miles an hour as I hadn’t expected to get the email at all! I was expecting to get it from 9-5 Melbourne time so it took me totally off guard!

I’ve been accepted to the Académie de Lille at the secondaire level which means I’ll probably be teaching students of high school age.  To know what exact part of the region and school I'll be teaching in, I now have to wait for the arrete de nomination, which can arrive anywhere between June and September. Hopefully it arrives sooner rather than later so I can arrive in France on time for the October 1st start date!

I'm so excited right now and I'm glad that I finally know I’ve been accepted and can now start to make plans! Finally my life isn’t all up in the air for the first time in months!

Come join me on my exciting journey to France!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...